Choosing the right Cordless Shop VAC can be difficult, but this blog will help you make the right choice. We have compared the top 10 best models so that you have all the information you need to select the right model for you. Everyone enjoys being in a tidy place, whether at the office or home. Regular tiding is very necessary to realize cleaner spaces. Many people desire to get efficient and simple tiding process for convenience. Because of this getting the right tiding tool can help you quickly clean dust, dirt, and debris. Cordless Shop vac comes in handy by giving you the convenience you want when doing tiding services, be it in your home, garage or workshop.
Cordless Shop VAC Summary
However, Cordless Shop Vacuums come in different models, differing in quality. Hence, it is important to do thorough research to help you make an informed decision on the best one before you make that purchase.
If you're looking to buy a shop vacuum cleaner but aren't sure whether to go with a corded or cordless model, we've outlined some of the reasons why you should choose a cordless model over a corded one.
Benefits of Using Cordless Shop VAC
Here are some of the benefits of cordless shop vacuums
- They are light and easy to move around. This is because they don’t have AC power motors. They instead use batteries, making them very easy to move in different places. You can do your tiding even with a power blackout in your area. Their wireless nature makes them flexible to users as you can do a quick clean up in a short time, and they are mobile so you could use them in your vehicle.
- They don’t need a power port to operate. You can work without the stress of looking for power ports in different rooms. It also makes it easy for you to tidy from anywhere you want to tidy without any worries. You can tidy your car, furniture, stairs, and hard-to-reach spots with ease.
- They are very easy to maintain, helping you save costs. The maintenance process is one anybody can be able to do. They have filters and ejectors that you can remove and tidy.
Why Cordless Shop VACs are good for Woodworking
Woodworking areas need regular cleaning. It helps in having a tidy working space and improves the work area's safety. Getting the right tool to do the cleaning should be a priority for woodworking. The wood shavings, sawdust, and timber need a higher suction force and versatility of the cleaning device. Woodworking shops are big and will need a device that will guarantee efficiency and effectiveness. There is nothing that can do this well like the cordess shop vac. Also for some more helpful woodworking tips why don't you heck out our Free Woodworking E-Book.
Difference between Cordless Shop VAC's and Corded
- There is a clear and visible distinction between the two models of vacuums. Cordless vacuums will weigh less compared to corded ones. They averagely weigh 3kg and 7kg, respectively.
- The dust capacity always varies, with cordless having around 0.7 litres dust capacity and the corded one 2-3 litres on average.
- The suction capacity also differs with corded vacuums sucking up to 70% while cordless sucks to about 41%. This is because the battery is what generates power in the cordless model. As a result, when a battery starts to drain and deteriorate, you'll notice a decrease in suction strength. Only high-quality cordless shop vacuums compare to plug-in vacuums in terms of suction power.
10 Best Cordless Shop VAC to Buy on Today
1. Makita XCV11Z
The 18-volt Makita XCV11Z provides enough power, thanks to two five-amp-hour batteries that last 40 minutes on high and 75 minutes on low. It features a variable-speed dial, so you can choose how much suction you want.
- Long runtime
- Double filter system (HEPA)
- Brushless motor
2. Bosch GAS18V-3N
The Bosch GAS18V-3N can only run for 16 minutes on a typical four-amp-hour cell at four minutes per amp-hour. The filter is washable and reusable, so you can optimize vacuum performance by keeping it clean.
- Suction power of 51 cfm
- GAS18V-3N 18V 1.6-Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner (Bare Tool)
- Washable HEPA Filter (VF320H)
- 5.25 Ft. Hose (1600A011RL)
- Three Extension Tubes
- Translucent bucket
- It offers high performance for just about any cleanup.
- Provide sustained suction for up to 24 minutes of high-power vacuuming
- Washable HEPA filters
3. DeWalt DCV581H
It has a five-foot hose that is flexible yet crush-resistant and a two-gallon tank that can store either wet or dry muck, making it ready to clean up in the roughest, dirtiest settings.Key Features
- 31 CFM Suction Power
- 2-gallon Capacity
- 5 ft. flexible, completely integrated hose
- On-board storage of tools
- On-board hose, cord, and accessory storage makes the vacuum easy to transport
- 2-Gallon tank capacity provides enough storage to empty a toilet or clogged pipe
- 18V high capacity battery
- Brushless motor technology
- Washable and reusable filters
4. Milwaukee 0880-20
It appears to be a standard toolbox. When you open it, however, you'll discover a strong vacuum with a six-foot hose, utility nozzle, and crevice tool built-in. Milwaukee 0880-20 is compatible with Both lithium-ion and nickel-cadmium batteries.
- 8V Battery
- 2.8-amp Motor
- Inbuilt Blower
- Efficient HEPA Filter
- 45CFM Suction Power
- 6ft Flexible Hose
- Strong Suction
- Good Hose Design
- Powerful Motor
- Good and Easy Storage
5. Ryobi Wet/Dry
When it comes to drywall dust, this is the best option. It features various handles, making hauling and emptying it a little easier.
- 6 gallon capacity
- 80 CFM Suction power
- 18 volts’ battery
- 6 feet long and 1.25-inch wide hose
- Two extension wands
- Casters and large wheels
- Integrated hose dock
- Versatile in use
- Brushless motor technology is included, as well as all necessary attachments
- Capacity to clean dust in both wet and dry conditions
- Light in weight
6. DeWalt DCV517B
It has an integrated nozzle, making it easy to operate with one hand. On the other hand, it has a heavy-duty rubber hose that can be used to get into tight spots. It's available as a bare tool with a battery and charger for a reasonable price. Washable filter
- 20V Lithium-Ion battery
- 39 CFM suction power
- Half gallon capacity
- 3 ft. hose length
- Have a rechargeable battery
- Battery can be replaced after 1 hour
- Washable HEPA filter
- ABS-plastic structure is strong and long-lasting.
7. Milwaukee Compact 0882-20
- 4ft hose
- 36-ounce canister
- Two Extension wand
- Helpful crevice tool
- Handheld option
- Five-year warranty
8. Craftsman CMCV002B
It comes with a lengthy 1-1/4-inch hose that measures nearly eight feet and onboard accessory storage. It's available for a reasonable price, but you'll need to purchase a 20-volt battery and charger separately.
- Two gallon tank
- 35 CFM capacity
- Blower and wet/dry
- A variety of accessories
- It works on different surfaces
- Sucks up large debris easily
- The vacuum is durable
9. Makita XLC02R1B
If you need to clean up your workroom or studio but can't bend down, the Makita XLC02R1B will help you do it without putting too much pressure on your back or knees. It is also easy to maintain and manage.
- Weighs 2.7 pounds
- 2-amp- hour battery
- 50% more run time than other models
- Fast 30 minutes’ charge
- 18 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery and charger fits
- Works with other Makita tools
- Long battery life
- Good suction power
- Light in weight
10. PCC795B PORTER-CABLE
It is one of the best cordless shop vac units best for woodworking.
- 2-gallon tank
- On-board tool to wrap the hose
- 34CFM suction power
- 7ft hose
- Crevice tool
- An extended hose to help you reach the remote areas
- Powerful motor
- Washable are reusable filter
- Improved usability in narrow places
- Relatively Expensive
It could be a daunting task picking a vacuum cleaner to use. However, as discussed here, a Cordless Shop Vac will give you comfort, minimal fuss, convenience, and versatility. This makes it a better choice for your cleaning services.
You May Also Enjoy The Articles Below